School Bus Changes 2019 – New Norfolk
Due to the network redesign of the General Access services by the Department of State Growth from New Norfolk to Hobart due to commence on the 2oth January 2019 the Department have also made changes to School Bus Services from New Norfolk to the Northern Suburbs and Hobart schools in consultation with Derwent Valley Link. Here is a quick summary of the changes:
- New Student Only Service to New Town High, Ogilvie, Sacred Heart and New Town Primary. There will be a new direct service from New Norfolk to the schools noted above. The service will be tailored to meet the specific needs of these students and will provide a more direct route and shorter travel times than has been the case with students accessing the General Access Services in the past.
New Norfolk to Dominic College. This service will remain mostly unchanged with only some minor route changes at New Norfolk.
- Claremont College and St Virgil’s Austins Ferry. This service will remain mostly unchanged with only some minor route changes at New Norfolk.
- New Norfolk to Hobart via Boyer Rd. This service will become a student only service that will travel via the Main Rd corridor providing pick ups and drop offs at all schools along the route including Sacred Heart (Clare St) and terminate at St Mary’s College. The service will commence at St Mary’s College in the afternoon. St Mary’s College and Elizabeth College will also be serviced by the 15:19pm X22 Express General Access Service to provide a more direct route and less travel time.
- Ellendale to New Norfolk, Northern Suburbs and Dominic College. This service will become a student only service. It will remain mostly unchanged. It will no longer depart from Sacred Heart, New Town in the afternoon as this school will have its own student only service to New Norfolk. It will depart from Dominic College in the afternoon. There will be better and more connecting services at the New Norfolk Bus Station. X22 and New Town Student Only service will connect for transfers in the morning and afternoon.
- All services will depart from the Fairview Shop in Benjamin Terrace. Warner Avenue will no longer be serviced. The route from the Fairview Shop around Fairview will remain the same. On the New Norfolk town side Grey and Humphrey Sts will no longer be serviced (Except Claremont College AM service for New Norfolk High students).
Links to route maps and timetables will be available on our website before the commencement of the 2019 school year once the Department of State Growth have finalised them.